Open notepad Windows 8
wikiHow recommended research resource
Follow the link above for complete picture tutorial in the matter…
Scroll down to the second part of this tutorial four links and information to download text editor for mobile Android device…
How to Open Notepad
Notepad is an incredibly easy-to-use text editor. You can find and open Notepad from within the Start menu, or you can create a new text file right on your desktop.
Method One of Three:
Opening Notepad with Search
Click the ⊞ Win Start button.
Type in “notepad”.
Click “Notepad”. This should be the top app in your search.
Review your Notepad. You are now ready to begin using Notepad!
Method Two of Three:
Manually Accessing Notepad
Click ⊞ Win.
Scroll down to “Windows Accessories”.
• On Windows 10, you won’t be able to find Notepad using this method. You can, however, refer to method one to find it.
Click the “Windows Accessories” folder.
Click “Notepad”. This will open Notepad!
Method Three of Three:
Creating a New Text Document
Right-click your desktop.
Hover over “New”.
Click Text Document.
Type in a name for your file.
Double-click your document.This will open your text file in Notepad!
wikiHow is Always Here to Help
Yes, I Read This Article
How do I save a Notepad file to my desktop?
o Click File and then Save As in the top left corner. You’ll be able to save your Notepad file anywhere on your computer.
I do not understand yet now how to open the notepad from start menu. What do I do?
o From your desktop, click on a free space with your right mouse button. A menu should appear. Just select, “New,” and click, “Text Document.” This should create a file at your desktop you can rename. Open the file to open Notepad and edit the created file with it.
• You can pin Notepad the taskbar or Start menu by right-clicking it and clicking Pin to Start or Pin to taskbar.
• You can also type notepad in a Windows Run Dialog window (⊞Win+R).
• Windows 10 users can also download an app called “Notepad Next”; this app retains most of the base functionality of Notepad, but it adds modern touches such as autosaves and further customization.
• Unlike Microsoft Word, Notepad does not save your work periodically; to save your work, make sure you click Save in the File menu (or hold down Ctrl+S).
Coding on mobile Android device.
~~~ in order to write HTML on an Android device you will need to go to Google Play Station in download a text editor called
if you are working from a mobile tablet on Android platform you will actually have the best of both worlds a large screen and keyboard you can typeif you as well as a very easy Text Editor to use you will be able to view your documents directly from the text editor whereas people on laptop and desktop will have to view their web page development through their browser before they can upload it which is much more time consuming
You can of course use Anwriter on your Droid cell phone however it is very hard on the eyes to be doing programming from such a small screen… However this is the way that I do it
- Make sure that there is a browser installed on your computer. …
- Find the saved file. …
- Right-click (Windows) or double-click (Mac) the file and select “Open with” from the action menu. …
- View your HTML file in your chosen browser. …
- Alternate method: Run your browser, then press Ctrl-O.